Sunday, September 16, 2007

New blog, same blogger, new attitude

For more than a year, I blogged in starts and stops over at Nasty Little Man. It was fun, and I regret that I couldn't keep up with it.

But I also realized something. The vitriol in the public discourse today is caustic to a point that we are losing our civility. The realm of opinion making is dominated by liars and bullies. And I looked at some of my own posts at NLM with a certain level of embarassment.

So today is a new day in this blogger's career. Today I'm launching Kinder Gentler Nation. This blog will be dedicated to many of the same issues to which NLM was devoted, particularly social justice, but my intent is to present these issues in a way that examines them with a level of seriousness that does not resort to insults.

That doesn't mean that no one gets criticized here. They will. But it will be constructive....I hope. Wish me luck.

No comments: